Let's meet each other
Agapi Svolou is the owner of Alexanna, LLC, a consulting company providing its expertise in software, services, and systems engineering, with a special emphasis in helping organizations getting started in process improvement via an understanding of human, cultural, and technological changes required to implement improvement efforts. She is a member of the product development team of the CMMI V 2.0 product suite and has also been serving in the CMMI V 2.0 Architecture Working Group.
Alexanna, LLC, is a partner with the CMMI Institute and has served both as a chair and a co-chair of the Partner Advisory Board (board representing all CMMI Institute partners).
Alexanna, LLC, is a CMMI Institute Partner. It is a consulting company providing its expertise in process improvement to software, service, and systems engineering industries in both the private and government sectors. Alexanna provides customers with technological and process solutions to help them meet their business objectives.
Alexanna, LLC offers formal training in the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI-DEV and CMMI-SVC), goal-driven measurement, business briefings and CMMI executive overviews, guidance with transitioning to CMMI, and a variety of appraisals (SCAMPI A, B, C), as well as specialized workshops (e.g., process definition, team building, etc).
Alexanna, LLC, is committed to guiding organizations reach their business goals and increase their product and service quality by focusing on continuous process improvement programs.
Agapi is a certified Instructor for the Introduction to the Capability Maturity Model® (CMMI-DEV and CMMI-SVC), and a certified SCAMPI Lead Appraiser for the CMMI-DEV, CMMI-SVC, and People CMM. Additionally, Agapi is an SEI certified instructor for the “Implementing Goal Driven Measurement” SEI course.
Ms. Svolou has been a Visiting Scientist at the Software Engineering Institute and is presently a Visiting Scientist with the CMMI Institute; she has served as a member of the Training Product Development Team for the CMMI sm Product Suite, as well as a member of the appraisal development team. Specific responsibilities have included lead developer and instructor for the
“Intermediate Concepts of the CMMI” class, instructor for the Lead Appraiser SCAMPI class, as well as instructor for the “Instructor Training” class, which trains future CMMI instructors and People CMM instructors. Ms. Svolou has served as a member of the Interpretative Guidance Project at the SEI, a project aimed to determine what guidance or interpretation of CMMI model best practices are warranted to help organizations upgrade or adopt CMMI for their process improvement programs. Agapi served as a contributing team member on the SCAMPI B and C Development project, and is an authorized observer for both candidate CMMI instructors and candidate lead appraisers (in both CMMI-DEV, CMMI-SVC and People CMM.) Agapi also served as a member of the SCAMPI Upgrade Team, which resulted at the version 1.3 of the appraisal Method.
She is currently serving as a product developer in CMMI V2.0, and as a member of the CMMI V2.0 CMMI project in the Architecture, training, and Value added appraisal workgroups.
Ms. Svolou has been awarded a Certificate of Appreciation by the Department of Defense for her contribution to the CMMI sm Project, and a number of Achievement Award Customer Service awards by the Software Engineering Institute, notably for Development and Delivery of the CMMI sm Product Suite, Version 1.0, Version 1.1, and Version 1.2. Additionally, Agapi has been
awarded the “SEI Achievement Award, Quality Innovation” for her participation and contribution in the latest CMMI model, namely the CMMI for Services Model (CMMI-SVC) [March 2009].
Ms. Svolou has been formally trained in Total Quality Management and process improvement. She is also six sigma green belt and a Certified SCRUM Master.
She has developed and delivered workshops and seminars in Process Improvement and the Capability Maturity Models® (CMM and CMMI), has provided consulting in process Improvement, and led appraisals in the U.S., Europe, and South East Asia. Because of her fluency in a variety of languages, Ms. Svolou has worked with clients in English, French, and Spanish. She has consulted in software engineering and project management, providing customers technological and process solutions to help them achieve their business goals.
Prior to forming her own company, Ms. Svolou worked for 15 years at Carnegie Mellon University’s Research Institute as a Manager of Software Science. She was responsible for developing and managing a variety of projects, introducing software process improvement in the Institute’s software development and maintenance activities, and providing software engineering and process improvement services to external customers.
Ms. Svolou has over 30 years of experience in the computer and software engineering industry, in both the private and government sectors. She holds Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Computer Science.
Sample organizations for which Process Improvement services have been delivered include:
- Alcatel Alsthom (multiple, international), Thomson CSF, Iberia Airlines, Cummins Electronics, Citibank (multiple), Nynex (multiple), Eastman Kodak, AEG, Martin Marietta, AAA (multiple), Alltel Information Systems, Fedex, Nomos Corporation, Templeton Management Limited, NCR, Market Data Corporation, The Associates, Canadian Imperial Bank of Canada, Westfield Companies, The Boeing Company, Alstom Transport, Emerson Electric, Motorola, NASA, Bosch (multiple), BAE (multiple), Pitney Bowes, Ovid Technologies (WoltersKluwer Health), Bombardier Transportation (Propulsion and Brake Control Systems), Emesec, Perot Government Services, Interactive Systems and Business Consulting s.r.l. (ISBC) Romania, Zin Technologies, Autoliv, Edaptive Systems, Tenstep Romania, Delta Solutions and Technologies, Inc., Customer Value Partners, Fulcrum IT, Titania Solutions Group, Industrial Scientific Corporation, Cepeda Systems and Software Analysis, WTI, SGT Inc., Devine Consulting, Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, Process and Quality Solutions (PQS), Inspearit, etc.
- CMMI Institute Partner for transition of CMMI-related products
- CMMI Institute Certified Instructor and Lead Appraiser for CMMI V 2.0
- Member of the CMMI V 2.0 architecture team
- CMMI V2.0 Product Developer
- CMMI Institute Certified Instructor of Introduction to the CMMI ® -DEV, CMMI-SVC, and P-CMM
- Certified Lead Appraiser for: Standard CMMI® Appraisal Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPI A, B, C) for both CMMI-DEV and CMMI-SVC
- Authorized SCAMPI Lead Appraiser for People CMM
- Co-developer of the 3-day Introduction to the CMMI® -SVC course
- Co-developer of Learner centered 3-day Introduction to the CMMI® -DEV course
- Lead instructor for the “Advancing Organizational Capability: Applying CMMII” class at CMMI Institute, a course only offered at the CMMI Institute
- Participant in the development of the Version 1.3 SCAMPI Method (SCAMPI Upgrade Team – SUT – member)
- 2012 SEPG North America Program Committee
- Recognized as a Contributor for CMMI V 1.3 (Portland Oregon, March 2011)
- Lead instructor for the CMMI Institute “Instructor Training” class, (for both CMMI-DEV, CMMI-SVC, and People CMM) which trains future CMMI and People CMM instructors, a course only offered at the CMMI Institute
- SEI Achievement Award for CMMI-SVC, March 2009
- SEI Achievement Award, Customer Service for Development and Delivery of the CMMI Product Suite, Version 1.2, October 2006
- SEI Achievement Award for the development of the Introduction to CMMI (staged and Continuous) course. (2004)
- SEI Achievement Award, Customer Service for Development and Delivery of the CMMI Product Suite, Version 1.1, January 2002
- SEI Achievement Award, Customer Service for Development and Delivery of the CMMI Product Suite, Version 1.0, September 2000
- Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding contribution to the CMMI Project – DoD, September 2000
- Stakeholder and developer in the Product Development team of the SEI CMMI effort (see Appendix E in the CMMI reference book)
- Stakeholder, developer, and reviewer of the SEI’s Practice Implementation Indicator Descriptions (PIID- examples and guidance for implementation and appraisal of CMMI ® SE/SW/IPPD/SS, V1.1.) used by SCAMPI appraisers
- Member of the SEI’s AMEG (Assessment Method Expert Group), a group of select “external to the SEI” stakeholders from the appraisal community who contributed to the appraisal method development, review, and feedback
- Lead Instructor for the CMMI Institute “SCAMPI B and C Team Leader Training Course.
- Authorized observer for the CMMI Institute for authorizing instructors in the delivery of the Introduction to the CMMI course, and the Introduction to the people CMM course
- Authorized observer for the CMMI Institute for authorizing SCAMPI A Lead Appraisers in CMMI-based models (CMMI-DEV and CMMI-SVC) and People CMM
- Authorized observer for the CMMI Institute for authorizing SCAMPI B and C Team Leads (for CMMI-DEV and CMMI-SVC)
- Member of the Interpretative Guidance Project at the SEI, a project aimed to determine what guidance or interpretation of CMMI model best practices are warranted to help organizations upgrade or adopt CMMI for their process improvement programs
- Contributing team member on the SCAMPI B and C Development project at the SEI
- European SEPG 2002, “Constagedeous Approach to Process Improvement”, June 2002, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- SEPG 2003, “Lessons Learned from a Class C Appraisal”, February 2003, Boston, Mass
- European SEPG 2006, “A Roadmap for Planning Process Improvement”, June 2006, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- CMMI Process Bootcamp: SEPG 2006, Nashville, Tennessee
- European SEPG 2007, “A new Approach: Appraising, Training, Learning, and Recommending” , June 2007, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- SEPG 2007, “People CMM and CMMI Synergy: Maintaining Long-Term CMMI-Based Improvement through Enhanced Workforce Practices”, March 2007, Austin, Texas
- European SEPG 2007, “People CMM and CMMI Synergy: Maintaining Long-Term CMMI-Based Improvement through Enhanced Workforce Practices”, June 2007, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- SEPG 2008, A Holistic Approach to Process Improvement Using the People CMM and the CMMI-DEV: Technology Process, People, & Culture, The Holistic Quadripartite, March 2008, Tampa, Florida, and also presented in Mar del Plata, Argentina, in the Latin SEPG in November 2008
- European SEPG 2009, “A Holistic Approach to Process Improvement Using the People CMM and the CMMI-DEV”, June 2009, Prague, Czech Republic
- CMMI 10 th Annual Technology Conference and User Group 2010, “Scoping Appraisals using SCAMPI V1.3”, Denver Colorado, November 2010
- CMMI 10 th Annual Technology Conference and User Group 2010, “Using SCAMPI with more than one constellation in the same appraisal”, Denver Colorado, November 2010
- CMMI Workshop 2012, co-presenter, “Identifying Concrete Ways to Improve the Quality of Appraisal Planning and Execution”, October 2012, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Panelist, May 2018 Global Conference, “Transitioning from V1.3 to CMMI V 2.0”