Development Supplement for CMMI-SVC
This 1/2-day course is the official CMMI institute supplement course for those who have taken the Introduction to CMMI for Services course and want to learn more about development. This course introduces you to the CMMI for Development (CMMI DEV) model, which describes effective practices for developing quality products for customers and end users.
This course with its prerequisite, Introduction to CMMI for Services Version 1.3, fulfills a prerequisite requirement for any course requiring an official CMMI Institute Introductory CMMI course. Participants who successfully complete the course receive a CMMI Institute certificate of completion.
Agapi Svolou is the owner of Alexanna, LLC, a consulting company providing its expertise in software, services, and systems engineering, with a special emphasis in helping organizations getting started in process improvement via an understanding of human, cultural, and technological changes required to implement improvement efforts. She is a member of the product development team of the CMMI V 2.0 product suite and has also been serving in the CMMI V 2.0 Architecture Working Group..
Alexanna, LLC, is a partner with the CMMI Institute and has served both as a chair and a co-chair of the Partner Advisory Board (board representing all CMMI Institute partners).
Who should take this course?
- Service providers who also develop products
- Process improvement group members
- CMMI-DEV appraisal team members
- Anyone interested in learning about CMMI-DEV
- Explain how CMMI-DEV can help a development or service organization to improve its development processes
- Describe the unique elements of CMMI DEV compared to CMMI-SVC
- Locate information in the CMMI-DEV model
- Consider when to use CMMI-SVC and when to use CMMI-DEV.
What will I learn in this course?
- Comparing concepts in service and development
- Differences and similarities in CMMI-SVC and CMMI-DEV
- Overview and detailed review of development content in CMMI
- How services might help development
- Lifecycles in service and development.
Prerequisites: Before attending this course, participants must have successfully completed the Introduction to CMMI-
SVC course (Version 1.3).
- Organization is given a copy of the Pdf file of the course slides to be printed for each of the students
- “CMMI® for Development, Version 1.3 , CMMI-DEV, V 1.3, Improving Processes for developing better products and services.” Addison Wesley book (a copy for each student will be provided by Alexanna,
- The general format is lecture combined with class exercises designed to illustrate and reinforce the concepts presented, with ample opportunity for participant questions and discussions.