Introduction to the CMMI-DEV V1.3
This three-day course introduces participants to CMMI® fundamental concepts. CMMI models are tools that help organizations improve their ability to develop and maintain quality products and services. The Introduction to CMMI® V1.3 course, officially approved by the CMMI Institute, describes a framework that organizations can use to determine their ability to develop and maintain products; it is a model for organizational improvement. The course is composed of lectures and class exercises with ample opportunity for participant questions and discussions. After attending the course, participants will be able to describe the components of CMMI models and their relationships, discuss the process areas in CMMI models, and locate relevant information in the model. Additionally, the course helps participants to make valid judgments regarding their organization’s implementation of practices.
Agapi Svolou is the owner of Alexanna, LLC, a consulting company providing its expertise in software, services, and systems engineering, with a special emphasis in helping organizations getting started in process improvement via an understanding of human, cultural, and technological changes required to implement improvement efforts. She is a member of the product development team of the CMMI V 2.0 product suite and has also been serving in the CMMI V 2.0 Architecture Working Group.
Alexanna, LLC, is a partner with the CMMI Institute and has served both as a chair and a co-chair of the Partner Advisory Board (board representing all CMMI Institute partners).
- Receive the official CMMI Institute certificate of attendance (this is a prerequisite to become a lead appraiser, or an instructor or to take other courses requiring the CMMI Institute Introductory CMMI course)
- Ability to participate as a member of a SCAMPI appraisal team (CMMI Institute appraisal method for the CMMI)
- Ability to participate in a CMMI based process improvement program
- Ability to describe process management and the CMMI improvement principles.
- CMMI overview
- CMMI principles
- CMMI levels
- Links between process areas
- Interpreting the CMMI
- Application of the CMMI
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course.
- A hard copy of the course slides will be provided in for all participants
- “CMMI ® for Development, Version 1.3 , CMMI-DEV, V 1.3, Improving Processes for developing better products and services.” Addison Wesley book (a copy for each student will be provided by Alexanna, LLC).
- The 3-day course meets from 8:30 am to approximately 4:00 daily. An overhead projector and screen will be needed for the three day period. Additionally, flipcharts and markers are necessary for the instructor and participants.
- Reading homework is required the first and second evenings of the course.