Introduction to CMMI-SVC V1.3
This course is the official CMMI Institute introductory course about the CMMI for Services (CMMI® -SVC) model. The course provides the knowledge you need to take your first steps with CMMI® -SVC and is a prerequisite for any certification or subsequent course that calls for an Introduction to CMMI® -SVC requirement. CMMI® -SVC is a comprehensive set of guidelines that helps organizations to establish and improve processes for delivering service. By adapting and extending proven standards and best practices to reflect the unique challenges faced in service industries, CMMI® -SVC offers service providers a practical framework for achieving higher levels of service quality, controlling costs, improving schedule performance, and ensuring customer satisfaction. The course is composed of exercises, discussion, and presentations with ample opportunity for participation. After attending the course, you will understand the concepts and issues related to CMMI® -SVC.
Agapi Svolou is the owner of Alexanna, LLC, a consulting company providing its expertise in software, services, and systems engineering, with a special emphasis in helping organizations getting started in process improvement via an understanding of human, cultural, and technological changes required to implement improvement efforts. She is a member of the product development team of the CMMI V 2.0 product suite and has also been serving in the CMMI V 2.0 Architecture Working Group.
Alexanna, LLC, is a partner with the CMMI Institute and has served both as a chair and a co-chair of the Partner Advisory Board (board representing all CMMI Institute partners).
Who should take this course?
- Service providers and customers
- Process improvement practitioners and champions
- Appraisal team members
- Instructors and lead appraisers
- Professionals interested in service management concepts.
What will I learn in this course?
- determine whether CMMI® -SVC applies to your business context
- learn effective practices for defining, establishing, and managing service
- sustain your improvement
- prepare for next steps, such as an appraisal or certification.
- Receive a certificate of attendance (this is a prerequisite to become a lead appraiser, or an instructor, or to take other courses requiring the Introductory CMMI for Services course)
- Registration within ’s database
- Receive 2.5 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) after successful completion
- Ability to participate as a member of a SCAMPI appraisal team.
- The general format is lecture combined with class exercises designed to illustrate and reinforce the concepts presented, with ample opportunity for participant questions and discussions.
- Organization is given a copy of the Pdf file of the course slides to be printed for each of the students
- “CMMI® for Services: Guidelines for Superior Service” hardcover book by Eileen C. Forrester, et. al. is provided for each student
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course.